- Forming an LLC in Delaware
- Forming a Corporation in Delaware
- Forming an LP or LLP in Delaware
- Entity Conversions
- Delaware Registered Agent Services
- State of Delaware Documents
- Reasons for Forming a Corporation or LLC
- Delaware Business Entities
- Reasons Why Delaware is the Domestic and International Corporate Choice
- Types of Business Entities
- Choosing a Business Name
- Delaware Annual Report & Franchise Tax Payment
- Order Forms
- Contact Us
Wilmington, Delaware Virtual Office for Non US Residents
Whether you’re opening a new office, starting a new business or need a conference room to hold a meeting, we offer a variety of solutions. These include the use of our Wilmington, Delaware office address for mail receipt and forwarding, to a formal lease for shared office space. Our services are designed for individuals and businesses needing a legitimate presence in the United States. Our affordable temporary or permanent shared office space is fully furnished and staffed with limited administrative assistance to meet your business needs. We can also provide a high profile identity with dedicated office space, as well as professional representation. Our fee for these services can vary depending on your requirements. Please contact us for detailed information.
International Mail Forwarding
$350 per year
The use of our Wilmington, Delaware address is your Corporation or LLC business address in the United States. Mail forwarding is performed on a daily basis. We open the mail upon receipt, scan it into a PDF file, and e-mail the files to your supplied address. Packages and courier delivery can be forwarded with pre-approval at your expense.
International Mail Forwarding via U.S. Postal Service
$400 per year
By request, we offer the option of mail forwarding via the U.S. Postal Service which is performed on a daily basis. We forward a moderate amount of first class letter mail only (no bulk mail advertisements, magazines, or catalogs) to the address you provide worldwide. Packages and courier delivery can be forwarded with pre-approval at your expense. We do not accept large packages to be forwarded containing computer or electronic equipment, perishable items such as food products, health food supplements, pharmaceuticals, controlled substances, firearms, plants, or animals.
We are very flexible with services to our international clients. The above price is based on basic U.S. Postal Service letter mail delivery to your location. If you need a more timely delivery, courier delivery via Federal Express can be arranged.
Office Lease and Mail Forwarding
$1200 per year
We offer a yearly office lease, prepared by an Attorney, for shared office space within our office building. The lease is for a minimum of one year, and includes mail forwarding as described above. We require payment in advance.
Advise on establishing a U.S. Bank Account for your Delaware Business Entity
At the present time we cannot offer the service of opening a business bank account for Delaware Corporations and Limited Liability Companies owned by Non U.S. Citizens. Due to the USA Patriot Act, since 2014 the banks in the U.S. have changed their policies. Banks now have the policy “Know Your Customer,” meaning any and all authorized signers will need to be personally present in the bank to apply for a business account.
From our many years of past experience setting up business bank accounts we have found that the financial institutions may require some, if not all, of the following documentation when applying to open an account:
- A Certified copy of your entity formation document.
- A Good Standing Certificate.
- Employer Identification Number (also known as the tax identification number) which is obtained from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Two forms of photo identification: you should have a good color copy of your Passport, and a second form of government issued photo identification for each signer on the account. Both forms of Identification should have the same address and must be current, do not present an expired ID.
- A permanent U.S. address. Banks may not accept a common Post Office Box. Currently, some banks will generally prefer to see an office lease.
- A copy of both sides of a currently held Credit Card for each authorized signer
- An excellent optional item to have is a letter of reference form Banks you are currently doing business with.
- A notarized Statement of Authorized Person(s), or a notarized Certificate of Incumbency.
- A copy of your Corporate Bylaws, or the Operating Agreement for an LLC.
- A written statement about the goods or services your business offers, and your Website address.
- Some banks may require non U.S. Citizens to have an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) which is obtained through an authorized IRS agent.
Each bank has slightly different application requirements for documentation. The above list of items is only a basic suggestion; banks may require additional information. Every bank has a different approval policy for opening a business account with a non U.S. citizen as the primary signer. Please consider, when applying for a bank account, banks offer no guarantee they will approve the opening of an account. The approval process, when the bank performs its due diligence, can take an hour or several days depending on the bank.
Establishing a Delaware Corporation or LLC for Use Outside the U.S.
Most of our international clients form a Delaware business entity to operate within the United States. This requires minimum documentation; generally banks and other government authorities request only a Certified Copy of the Certificate of Incorporation or the Certificate of Formation for a LLC. On occasion a Good Standing Certificate may be requested – a document from the State of Delaware stating your Delaware business entity is valid and all Delaware fees and taxes are paid.
When registering your Delaware Corporation or LLC in another country outside the U.S., or opening a bank account in the business name, additional documents may be requested. Every country and every bank may have different requirements as to the type of business
documentation they require.
Often a Notarized Certificate of Incumbency with an Apostille attached may be requested. This is a document prepared by the registered agent confirming the names and identity of officers/directors of a corporation or the members/managers of a Limited Liability Company.
For countries that are members of the Hague Convention all that is required is an Apostille attached to each document. On occasion we have seen a translation of each document from English to another language requested. Non member countries of the Hague Convention will require documents to be authenticated by the U.S. Department of State and the Embassy of the foreign country.
All of the above documents have different names in many countries. If you have any questions about the documents and their certification, please e-mail us and we will promptly reply. We can supply any of the above documents, at any time for a reasonable fee.
Advantage Delaware LLC is a professional document filing service. We cannot supply Legal, Tax, or financial planning advice. If you require such advice, we can refer you to a knowledgeable CPA or attorney. Attorneys and Accountants charge for their time. If you have questions regarding your Delaware business entity, please e-mail them to us. We will make every attempt to answer your questions.