You may need one or more of these additional documents prepared for your Delaware business entity.
Certificate of Incumbency
A Certificate of Incumbency is a written notarized statement that certifies the names of Officers of a Corporation or Members of a Limited Liability Company as of a specific date, and the positions they occupy. As your Registered Agent, we can prepare a Certificate of Incumbency for you, and we even have expedited processing available.
Notarized Statement of Authorized Person
This is a notarized statement produced by the Registered Agent designating the person(s) having the authority to conduct business on behalf of the entity. This statement may include ownership information, and/or specific authorizations. It is not filed with the State of Delaware or made available to the public.
- Notarized Statement of Authorized Person – $75
- Statement of Authorized Person – $50
Employer Identification Number (EIN) Assistance
For our international clients without a valid Taxpayer Identification Number such as a Social Security Number (SSN) or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), we can apply to the IRS to obtain the EIN. Your business may need an EIN if conducting business in the U.S. or opening a business account at a U.S. Bank. To submit IRS Form SS-4 the process involves the following:
We require the name, address and phone number of the Responsible Party in the home country in which they reside. The IRS defines Responsible Party as the true principal officer, general partner, grantor, or owner. This individual or entity controls, manages, or directs the applicant entity and the disposition of its funds and assets. We need a description of your business in 10 words or less (goods or services you offer). Additional information may be required depending on the type of entity.
- We will prepare Form SS-4 and E-mail to the responsible party to print out and sign. You will then scan the form into a PDF file and return to us by E-mail. Please Note: The scanned copy must have clean clear type, a white background, and the signature must be legible or IRS will reject it for processing.
- Upon Receipt of the signed Form SS4, we will FAX it to the IRS along with a copy of your entity formation document.
- Normal turnaround time is unpredictable and can typically be anywhere between 7 and 21 business days until we receive the EIN. The IRS has the option of Faxing us the EIN confirmation letter or mailing it to the name and address on the SS4 Form. The IRS does not offer any Expedited Service.
Our fee for assistance with processing a request for an EIN – $125.
Foreign Embassy and U.S. Department of State Authentication of Documents
For Nations who are not members of the Hague Convention, the authentication of documents will need to be performed by the U.S. Department of State and then the receiving Nation’s Embassy here in the U.S. The turnaround time can be unpredictable due to holidays and the specific embassy, but generally between 7 and 21 business days. Since the cost can vary greatly depending on the Embassy fees and the number of pages, please e-mail or call for a price quote. We will respond within 24 hours.
Translation of Documents
We can supply a translation of any of the above documents performed by a Certified Translator. The cost can vary depending on the language and number of pages. Please submit documents to be translated and allow 48 hours for a price quote.
Statement of Authorized Address
This document attests to our authorization for the use of our Delaware business address. It states the name of your business and the period of validity. We issue this free complimentary document upon request to clients who have obtained our Delaware Address Service. We offer a notarized version for: $25.
If you are in need of any of these documents, get in touch with the team at Advantage Delaware.